top of page



Harry sets the fastest race lap as the #67 Ford GT finishes third on the road before being elevated to second following a post-race penalty for the #91 Porsche.

Harry Tincknell and his Ford Chip Ganassi Racing crew finished a spirited second on home soil at the latest round of the FIA World Endurance Championship at Silverstone. The #67 car shared with regular partner Andy Priaulx led at the halfway stage, but bad timing of a full course caution period sent the car tumbling down the GTE Pro leader board, triggering a tenacious fight back through the field. Priaulx started from 4th position and narrowly avoided a pile up at the first corner as two LMP1 class cars tangled, scattering the chasing pack. Despite dropping down to 6th in class, Priaulx was quickly back on the offensive and sliced through the pack to hand over to Tincknell in the lead after 2 hours. Tincknell maintained the advantage until a safety car was deployed to clear up debris strewn around the circuit which cut the #67’s advantage over the pursuing Ferrari and Porsche. At the restart, the Devonian immediately pitted for fuel and fresh Michelin tyres. However, shortly afterwards the track went to full course caution after the BMW of Antonio Felix Da Costa stopped in a dangerous position at the super fast Maggots and Becketts complex. This reduced the maximum speed of all cars to 80kph, allowing Ford’s competitors to pit and return to the track ahead of the #67. Priaulx returned to the car in 6th place for his final one hour stint. When he handed over to Tincknell the car was up to 4th place but still 20 seconds behind the #92 Porsche of Dane Michael Christensen. The Goodridge sponsored driver, who had been on the podium at Silverstone for the previous three years, was in no mood to give up despite the gap. Harry showed excellent pace to reel Christensen in, setting the fastest lap of the race in the process. The battle came to a head with just 12 minutes to go as Tincknell made a daring, round the outside overtake at Stowe corner. The move earned him Eurosport’s “Driver of the Race” as the 26 year old cruised home in the remaining minutes to take third behind the #51 Ferrari and #91 Porsche. That wasn’t the end of it though as, after the post-race scrutineering checks, the #91 car was disqualified for a technical infringement, moving Tincknell and Priaulx up to the second step on the podium.

Harry Tincknell – GB

“It was another great race at Silverstone for me today. The home support was absolutely immense and I was committed to achieving a good result for all the British fans that came out to cheer us on. I am gutted that bad luck took a likely win away from us as we certainly had the pace. But at Ford we never give up and it was certainly an exciting conclusion battling with Michael. It was firm but fair and to pick up another position post-race was a bonus too. After a tough start to the season, we’re heading back in the right direction! Andy drove superbly all day and the team were fantastic in the pit stops, we just didn’t have that little bit of luck on our side but I am happy we achieved the maximum out of the situation."

bottom of page